Monday, November 16, 2015

Salsa Recipe

I watched Erin Lewis make salsa on periscope (@ErinLewis) back in June.  She inspired me to give it a try too.  She said to tweak the recipe for your own taste, so I tried it 4 or 5 times before I actually wrote it down and use the same thing all of the time.  Well --today I left out the garlic, because my husband said it seemed like he could taste something all day the last time (could have been cilantro:).
I make salsa all of the time now.  My girls love it and it is calorie friendly.  I use it on those little sandwich thins with pizza sauce for a pizza topping.  Here is what I came up with.
Salsa
3 heaping cups of tomatoes chopped
1/2cup sweet peppers
1 cup sweet onion
1/4 cup cilantro cut up
1T. jalapeno pepper
1 clove galic minced
1/2t. ground salt 1/2t. pepper(to taste)
Watch this very short video of all of the ingredients
mixed together from my periscope today. I had one viewer this afternoon.  I guess everyone is outside enjoying this great fall weather or just busy teaching. 
Click here. 



No comments:

Post a Comment